17 September 2009

Preparations and a Welcome Return to Form

I think this will be the last time I manage to post anything before fleeing the country, and I’m actually strangely relaxed about the whole thing. This morning I even spent a few minutes scoffing coconut cake (balanced breakfast - coconut is a fruit, right?) and reading a few chapters of the adorably un-PC ‘Five Have Plenty of Fun’ – George has just been kidnapped by some wayward gypsies and Anne has to wash up and make beds while Julian and Dick look for clues.

Tonight I need tidy up for the house-sitters, sort out the clothes I want to take with me, probably get those clothes clean and dry and burn a load of CDs of old Russell Brand podcasts for in-car entertainment, so come to think of it, I may not be quite so relaxed later. My holiday crating kit for my travel journal is all packed and ready to go though, so you can’t accuse me of having my priorities in the wrong order!
Last night was spent largely attempting to apprehend a mouse which one of the cats kindly brought into the sitting room. It was scurrying about all over the place and despite successfully trapping it on about 5 occasions, it escaped and so continues to elude us and our (humane) traps. Hopefully he’ll be locked up nice and safely in a little box tonight waiting for a ceremonial release in the garden, otherwise I’m not sure how we explain it to the people taking care of the house.
However, inspired by the beautiful ScrapaGoGo kit and the Martha Stewart punches that landed on my desk yesterday I managed to take a step away from the real-life game of Mousetrap, get over myself and do some scrapbooking. September’s kit is probably my favourite ever – the combination of wood grain, butterflies and rusty brown/minty green tones is a perfect reflection of what I’m all about at the moment. I didn’t really even mean to put this layout together, it just sort of happened as I was sorting through the yellow box and seeing what looked nice together and then I thought I might as well see it through to its logical conclusion.
Everything on here is from the box, except a few tiny bits and bobs which are included because I can never quite work exclusively from a kit and I rarely make anything that doesn’t have at least a dash of Cosmo Cricket on it. If, you can spot where I’ve used each of my new punches on this layout I’ll award ten points to Gryffindor.

That's all for now, I'll catch you on the flip side dudes, or alternativly insert other faux-cool sign off of your choice.

8 comments:

  1. What a great LO Polly - I am STILL waiting for my kit to arrive!!! Love what you've done with it and that gorgeous photo of your cat. Have a great holiday xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, you were quick off the mark! Fab LO. Have a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! this LO is gorgeous! Lucky you! you got your box while I'm still waiting for mine...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that page = did you buy the cat to match the kit??!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab LO Polly, My kit arrived this morning cant waite to get started have a fab holiday xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Septembers kit is soo lush, cant wait to play with it tonight, your layout is beautiful.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic LO Polly. I love that woodgrain paper, what a great kit. Have a great holiday and look forward to hearing all about it.

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete