10 September 2009

Learn Something New Every Day #9 and #10

I don't actually have any pages to share today but hopefully I'll be able to catch up over the weekend.  We're off to see Michael McIntyre tomorrow night in Plymouth but the rest of the weekend should be a relaxing one, with just a little light shopping planned for our holiday although I'm not sure how I rate my chances of finding shorts and sunglassess among the lovely autumn-y clothes in the shops.  While we're on that subject, I bought a lovely new coat today (in Asda of all places).  It's a sorted of 'muted jade' colour and has frills on the bottom.  See how pretty it is?
Anyway, the reason I've been falling behind on my pages is that I accidently got involved in another project, planning and creating a travel journal for our holiday next week, inspired by the tutorial Shimelle did on Ali Edward's blog.  I plan to do a daily entry and a title page for each place we go using a record card like the one  for Greece (where we're going first) which I will decorate with pictures, tickets and other things I pick up while I'm there.
Which leads me to what I learnt yesterday - sometimes planning for a trip is as almost as fun as going on the trip, based on a very satisfying shopping trip to Staples to buy a sketch book, artist pens, watercolour pencils and record cards.

Today, apart from buying a lovely coat I learnt that absolutely everything looks better in the sunshine except for windows which just look dirty.

2 comments:

  1. oooh your travel journal looks fabulous! Look forward to seeing the finished article.

    That is a very pretty coat, and it goes perfectly with your scarf! I saw some lovely things in Asda too the other day.. might have to pop back in and have a proper look.

    So true what you learned! My windows always covered in mucky finger prints :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Polly. I agree, planning a trip can be so exciting. Your journal is looking fab. Good luck with filling it with lovely things from your travels.
    Love the coat, what a gorgeous colour and I'm so glad someone else has mucky windows despite forever cleaning them. I think we just have to accept them and get on with more important things!!
    Have a great weekend.

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete