01 September 2009

Learn Something New Everyday #1

So here we are then, 1st September. It's officially autumn (in my book), I wore a coat, albeit a short sleeved one (possibly the most pointless garment in the world) and real shoes (not flipflops) today for the first time in about 4 months and I paid extra attention to the world around me in order to try and learn something new. This is what I learnt:

When you are stressed and busy, it is OK to take short cuts. No one expects me to be a Martha Stewart style domestic goddess except myself and sometimes you have to admit you can't do it all and LET IT GO.

For my birthday last year I made beautiful pink and yellow cupcakes to take to work for everyone to celebrate with me.
This year I'm older (obviously), busier and consequetly tired-er (and worse at grammar) and staying up all night baking just because I think people expect it of me is madness. So instead, I've chosen to buy lovely M&S (made with free range eggs - this is VERY important becasuse of this) tray bakes and have a full night's sleep instead.

11 comments:

  1. You know what I've been telling myself I'll take cakes into work for my upcoming birthday that I baked myself but also wondering how I'd have the time.

    And you know what, if I don't have time I'll just buy mine as my free time is far more important. Thanks for reminding me!

    Cant' wait to see you scrap this btw, I'm doing LSNED too and it's on my blog if you fancy a look. I popped over to yours from Shimelle's forum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baking your own is well and good, but getting sleep is better. Well done for realising it too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Polly. I've really enjoyed the cuppa and slice of Battenburg thank you, how did you know it's my favourite. I've now had a fantastic browse around your blog and am going away with a big smile on my face. I wish every visit to a new blog was as much fun, I will definitely be back.
    P.S love the layouts.
    PPS Leaving your 20's is ok, I'm just about to leave my 30's and that's scary!!!!
    See you again soon

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  4. seems like you learnt a very sensible lesson:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sensible. You can't go far wrong with M&S cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha - you are learning already - how do you scrap those though?? I think the grammar thing is linked to aging, that and deteriorating spelling and handwriting - mine are going down the pan big time!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still got cake left if you come over, but having crumpets for breakfast :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great lesson Polly, I really need to take that on board myself sometimes! Can't wait to see your page...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great lesson! I need to remind myself of that sometime, but then if you saw my house at the moment you would think I'd let it go a bit too far! LOL.

    M&S - big thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you have a lovely birthday. Thank you for sharing an important lesson with us.Good on you.xx Looking forward to seeing you page. :-)

    ReplyDelete