02 September 2009

Learn Something New Everyday #2

First of all, here is the page I put together for yesterday - I kept it fairly simple and managed to restrain myself from cluttering the page with too many words. Luckily I shared the full story here yesterday so it should make a certain amount of sense and the pictures demonstrate the fact that the cakes weren't homemade didn't stop people (in which I include myself) enjoying them.
As for what I've learnt for today, its slightly less profound but is likely to come in handy over the coming winter months. When it is pouring with rain and blowing a gale, there is NO POINT in drying and straightening my hair because I arrive at work looking like a damp spaniel anyway. Clearly it would be better not to bother and enjoy an extra 10 minutes in bed, particularly when it is cold and wet outside.
Is there a theme developing here? I don't think this class is meant to be 'things I would rather stay in bed than do'. Really looking forward to checking out lots of other pages but will have to wait until tomorrow evening when hopefully the house will be in better shape.

2 comments:

  1. I learnt that very same lesson myself this morning! I got very wet and windswept walking my DD to school (so much for the benefits of trying to be green! LOL).

    Lovely page and I have to say I love your blog header. Every time I see those ribbons they make me smile :)

    xMx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the page Polly. I think we have to accept that the windswpt look is very much in fashion when you live in Britain. I would prefer to have an extra 10 mins under the duvet any day!!!

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete