06 September 2009

Learn Something New Everyday #4, #5 and #6

I've had a truly lovely weekend of drinking, silliness, cake, presents and lovely friends and although there has been little time for scrapbooking, it doesn't mean that I haven't been learning things along the way.

On the 4th, I learnt that you're never too old to have a birthday cake in the shape of a pirate's ship and that I'm very lucky I have such good friends who also know that.
On the 5th I learnt that it's easier that you think to get lost in Devon, especially when you're in a maize maze. I also learnt that when in said maize maze, wellies are not a bad idea as there is a strong liklihood that your flipflops will get stuck in the mud.
And today I've learnt that after a weekend of fun, there is nothing better than relaxing in front of Sunday night telly in your pyjamas and enjoying the last of the birthday amaretto.

5 comments:

  1. Happy 30th Birthday Polly! Sounds like you had a lovely b'day weekend.. and what a fantastic cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday - welcome to the 30's Polly - I promise you will enjoy them! Sounds like a fun weekend - enjoy the last of the amaretto xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a fantastic birthday weekend. Can't wait to see what you've learnt made into pages. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great weekend Polly. What a great cake, you lucky girl!!

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the cake!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete