13 February 2010

Winter Irritations

No doubt winter does have its good points, photo opportunties like this for one thing and snuggly duvets, Christmas, open fires and warming soups to name four more.  I'm all about the progression of autumn into winter and the associated build up to Christmas and I can even get on board with a couple of weeks of icy weather in January and maybe a couple of snow days to make the post Christmas going back to work transition a little easier.  But now, the novelty has defintely worn off and I'm ready for sunshine, daffodils, easter eggs and bouncy little lambs swiftly followed by Pimm's, sunbathing and ice lollies.

I'm sick of gloves, scarves, chapped fingers and lips, wearing layers to bed, getting up in the dark, coming home in the dark, not being able to wear flip flops, having to draw the curtains, tasteless strawberries and tomatoes, the countryside in shades of grey and brown, not being on holiday, pale skin, frozen hair and muddy boots, but most of all I'm currently annoyed by the fact that it's so hard to find natural light to take pictures of all the layouts I've been working on this week when I really want to share them. Essentially, its rubbish.

Remember when it was summer?  Lush.
Roll on tomorrow morning I suppose - photographs, followed by an Egg McMuffin, followed by a trip to Barnstaple to Crafty Devils and maybe even getting the car tyres tracked and balanced (whatever that may turn out to be).  Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I would think that that photo of your cute chums would make it all worthwhile!! Have a lovely weekend and don't spend too much in Crafty Devils!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I'm looking forward to spring now too!

    Hope you have a great time at Crafty Devils.

    ReplyDelete