15 February 2010

Dotted Swiss Revival

I (like most other crafty people I know) have always been a be fan of dotted swiss cardstock just because it is so lovely to look at, work with and even say (dotted swiss, dotted swiss, dotted swiss), but over the last few months I just haven't been feeling it so much and I thought my love affair might have reached its logical conclusion.  However, I'm happy to say that that all changed this week and my passion for all things dotty is back with avengence.
This uses up a few bits and bobs from the last few month's GoGo kits which I've been very keen to rip into for a while and I particularly love these letter stamps which are really sweet and under-stated.  I've been trying to stave off the winter gloom with the carnival colours and it was working for a while, but the effects seems to be wearing off a little.  More Mini Eggs are in order I think.
I wasn't so sure what to do with these pictures because they were taken in the basement of a restaurant and so are a little bit dark.  Strangely though, they seemed to fit quite nicely with the gorgeous Cosmo Cricket Eath Love papers which wouldn't have been my natural association.  I'm pleased with how it turned out though so all's well that end's well and I will try not be so closed minded in the future.

I love Cosmo Cricket SO much, maybe even more than dotted swiss (dotted swiss, dotted swiss, dotted swiss) and so I'm keen to get my hands on the new Joy Ride, Material Girl and Garden Variety ranges but am desparately trying to resist untill pay day in the manner of a sensible person.  Being sensible is hard.

3 comments:

  1. Both gorgeous, Polly. I love all the bright colours and your photos are great.
    You are so good being sensible, I agree that it's very hard to resist lovely new stash.
    I'm still loving your dots!!!!

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Polly, jsut coming to take a look at your blog. I am quite excited to be working on the SBK Dt for the next few months. I am looking forward to seeing more of your gorgeous work.

    These layouts are very stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I'm trying to use up stash.. I have so much! But I love some of the new stuff that was being shown at CHA this year (courtesy of Shimelle - I didn't actually get to go there!). Maybe a couple of papers and some very carefully chosen embellishments...
    I like Cosmo Cricket too...also Basic Grey, Bella Bella, MME, Making Memories... ah, who am I kidding, I just love paper!

    ReplyDelete