20 February 2010

Water World

Well if everything has gone to plan I'm in London now, probably at the Wedding Show.  Don't you think scheduled posts are weird?  It's kind of like I'm speaking from the beyond the grave but if I am, things have definitely NOT gone to plan.

As a small aside, am I wrong in thinking that the Pet Shop Boys were like, the best band ever?  Perhaps, by the time you're reading this they will have made a hastily arranged but nonetheless triumphant comeback and I'll be lauded for my perspicacity, or (more likely) perhaps not.

Aaaaaaaaaanyway, back to the topic in hand. Hopefully (again, if things are going to plan) I will have been able to give Anna her house warming present which means that it is no longer massively pre-emptive (and only a tiny bit rude) of me to post a picture of it on my blog.  To clarify, preceding last week's scrapping frenzy, I went through a small (but perfectly formed) watercolour frenzy and while I only managed to produce two pictures (impressive frenzy), I thought you might like to see them so here goes.

This is a picture of a globe artichoke:

This is a picture of a spring onion, an asparagus spear, a pair of French beans and a pea (and also Anna's present):
That's all I have to say right now, so I shall return to Christmas past from whence I came.

4 comments:

  1. Great watercolourings and a lovely present to give.

    I love the Pet Shop Boys too! One of my favourites in the '80's!

    Hope you've had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny post today! I do hope everything did go to plan, that you have had a great day out and that your friend loves her fabulous little painting! What a great present - no-one else will ever have this same gift.
    You are quite right - Pet Shop Boys were def. a great band!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That made me laugh! I always think that about scheduled posts! Hope you are having fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been having a wander round in your absence, Polly, catching up on your wonderful posts. You have been creating some lovely layouts. I especially like the "men on the beach". I have this on my to do list for this year!
    Your drawings are beautiful, is there no end to your talent?
    Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete