07 February 2010

Filling in the Blanks

So what's been going on?  Christmas was merry, gorgeous, relaxing and involved all the sleeping, chocolate and amaretto one could want.  We spent Christmas day at home (breaking with the tradition of a full day of pyjama wearing by getting dressed before we even opened our presents) and then went up to Wiltshire on Boxing Day to catch up with family and friends.  The big news of the festive season was my homegirl Anna turning up to our festive catch up with a diamond on her finger, courtesy of the lovely Thomas which obviously caused much excitement in the ranks and provided yet another reason to hit the sparkling stuff.  It also means that I get to be a bridesmaid not just once but twice over the next 18 months, weddings are clearly like buses so I can't wait to find out who's going to be on the next one.

As you'll clearly already know due to my self pity, whining, whinging, moaning and complaing, a lot of the Christmas break was taken up with lots of essays and revision.  While it was basically awful,  it's over for this round and with just one more set of modules to go, it'll be all over soon and perhaps one day my rose tinted glasses will fall into place and I'll look back on this fondly.  Or maybe not.

2010 got off to pretty much the worst start possible when we had to make a very difficult decision about my soul mate in cat form, Sophie.  She'd been poorly and not eating properly all the way through Christmas and despite our best efforts to get her teeth opperated on (in case that was the problem) and feeding her with a syringe for the best part of a month, in the end we had to let her go.  I still don't really believe that the cleverest and most beautiful cat in the world is no longer with us.  I wake up most days expecting to be greeted by her angry (she was always grumpy in the mornings) miaow and as soon as I get in from work, I automatically look at her old spot on the sofa.  There'll never be another cat like Sophie and while I feel to privileged to have known her, it doesn't make it any easier to live without her.

I am clearly the queen of bringdowns so sorry about that.  I'd better finish with my first couple of layouts of 2010 made using the weight of Go Go kits which I'd not had time to use which threatened to crush me during the massive tidy up of the scrapbooking stuff (among other things) cupboard  over the festive period.

3 comments:

  1. Ah, Polly, so sorry to hear about Sophie-cat! Our old man is such a character and definitely in charge of the household. Cats are special people and can be such good friends. It's good to have some lovely photos and great memories to keep for always. The snow layout is great and I really like your idea of "2009 in Review" - I may have to copy that idea...
    Glad your exam slog is over for the moment. Best of luck with the next lot - at least you're on the last leg now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww sorry to hear about poor sophie,she sure was a pretty cat! Your scrapbook page look really good hugs xx jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh no, I'm so sorry to hear about Sophie. Poor sweetheart.
    SarahLP x

    ReplyDelete