23 February 2010

Tonight's Top Stories

Firstly, thank you very much for all your sweet weekend-y wishes.  We had a lovely, if frantically busy and exhausting time and while I'm sworn to secrecy on the dress front, if I nod and wink in an indiscreet manner you can draw your own conclusions as to the success of our mission.  Here we all are outside the Bridal Room in the House of Frazer on Oxford Street:
Secondly, if you're so inclined check out TWAGO's Blog where I have guest post up at the moment.  It's a work thing rather than a crafty thing and is part of a project to encourage people from Brighton to tweet about their travel habits as part of a social experiment.  It's worth a look if you enjoy hearing me ramble on about nothing in particular (Anyone? No? I suspected as much).

Thirdly, I'm very VERY relieved to reveal that I passed the exam I took back in January with 80%.  I have no idea how that happened considering I understood almost none of the module's content, but I'm very pleased with myself nonetheless.  I also did well on both my essays which means that's two more down and  I'm inching ever closer to that light at the end of the tunnel.

Finally and perhaps, most excitingly I had an email from Shimelle on Saturday afternoon to let me know that a couple of the layouts I'd submitted have been accepted for the Scrapbook Inspirations Ideas Book due out in May.  Luckily when I found out I was already halfway though a glass of champagne so I was able to celebrate in style and beg the people in the pictures to let them be published in person!

That's pretty much all for now, as I can hear my pyjamas calling my name.  My (optimistic) goal for tomorrow is to start writing dissertation proposal.

5 comments:

  1. Yaay! Well done Polly you studious boffin!! And clever scrapbooker too!!
    Am intrigued by a £300 toaster - what else does it do???
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for the exam result! You must have taken on board a lot more than you realised. 80% is not just an "accidental pass"!

    Also well done for having two layouts accepted! I wasn't successful this time, but I'm looking out for my work in the Spring book, that's due in March.
    It's going to be exciting to look at these books, to see which layouts are from people I "know" from the blogging world and Shimelle's courses.
    Good luck with the next stage of your course (what are you studying by the way?). But I think you deserve a bit of celebration for a day or two. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well look at you with 80%, that's brilliant. All that hard work was worth it in the end. Good luck with the rest.
    Glad your weekend went well and many congrats on your LO's being chosen, that champagne was definitely well deserved.
    Hope your week is going as well as the weekend.

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huge congratulations on passing the exam with such a high pass score and for having your LO's accepted - well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woooo-hooo!!! Well done you.. on your exam result and getting into the SI book! Will DEF be buying it and looking out for your LOs!

    ReplyDelete