11 August 2009

On Standby

I’m prepared for this to be a very frustrating few weeks – Go To Press is carrying on without me and while I have all the materials, the photos, the ideas and the inclination to participate, sadly I just don’t have the time right now. I am squirreling away all the prompts and ideas though and so I will get back to them, but maybe not until October.

In 3 ½ weeks it will be my birthday and I have a party to prepare for. Although we’re planning to camp in the garden, this is Devon, it will rain and so we need to a have a very well developed Plan B which will involved similar activities (cocktails & board games) but on an indoor basis. That means the house needs to be presentable to visitors and right now, it so isn’t.

Unfortunately, this means that for the next few weeks we need to have a blitz on house and garden (just in case) tidying which will leave very little time for lying on the sofa watching old episodes of the X-Files and even less for covering the dining room with bits of paper and ribbon. In fact one of my first tasks will be clearing the dining room table and floor of the bits of paper and ribbon which are already strewn about the place (just as soon as I’ve made a birthday card for my dad).

I wouldn’t want anyone to think I was exaggerating, so this is what the house looks like now:
Hopefully, I will be able to update these with glossy lifestyle magazine style shots over the next couple of weeks. Watch this space…

No comments:

Post a Comment