28 August 2009

Back to the Future

I think I’m fumbling my way towards making a decision about what I want to do this year to mark my birthday and while it is very tempting to spend the whole year self indulgent scrapping pictures of myself in a padding pool, I’ve decided to take heart from the cheering comments and emails I’ve received, stop being so maudlin about rapidly descending towards death entering the next phase of my life and undertake a project that looks forward as well as back, hence the title.

‘Back to the Future’ is going to be my umbrella term for a project which looks at the past, present and future of my life (thanks Emilie) and while each element will be relatively ‘stand alone’, hopefully together they’ll tell the overall story (without making me look too self-obsessed). I'm thinking a 4 phased approach along the lines of 'Childhood Memories', 'Teenage Kicks', 'Right Here, Right Now' and 'Wherever Next?' 

More on that in October I think as tonight, I am blithely casting of my cleaning schedule in order to pursue crafty satisfaction by getting everything ready for Learn Something New Every Day which starts on Tuesday. As per instructions, I will be cutting 30 pieces of cardstock to about 5x8 and then I also think I'll knock a cover together which I'll post tomorrow. In the meantime, thought would share this, just because it's a bank holiday. Why not?

5 comments:

  1. Hi Polly, just popped by to say hello. I am Alison (Ali) and am quite new on UK Scrappers and joined the blog-a-thon! Your blog is wonderful and your pages are great, do pop by and say hello when you can. Take care, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely layout them colours look stunning together

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, turning 30's not so bad really.. I turned 36 this year.. now THAT's bad!! So think yourself young! Back to the future - what a fab idea for a project. Must do one myself someday.. but not next month ;)

    LOVE your Studland LO, your photos and colours are lush!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'rapidly descending toward death'??? Are you about to chuck yourself under a bus?!!!! Ineed to bookmark this to see how you handle becoming 40!!! Loved browsing round your blog, am sure you're entering some of the most fulfilling years of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Studland LO - that makes me feel old, used to go there when I was about 9 - am 38 next year!!! Great idea for the BTTF LO too - well done Emilie for that one! xx

    ReplyDelete