26 August 2009

The Countdown Has Begun

I have 8 days of being in my 20s left and then, as everyone delights in telling me, it's all downhill from there on in.  I feel like I need to make the best of  what I've got left with a bit of unbridled hedonism, but unfortunately I'll have to make do with cleaning, gardening and if I get time, sleeping.

I've been starting to wonder what sort of project I want to mark this occasion and although a 'this is me now' minibook would seem like the obvious answer, they sometimes make me feel a bit constrained and I want to  to include lots of journalling.  I'm also going to be doing Learn Something New Everyday in September which is going to be done at 6x6 so I may be small formatted out.

I have lots of pictures of me a child which my Mum sent to make me feel young again so I've had those scanned in.  I also have lots of sepia toned memories which I want to record before I get so old I forget them so defintely something in that area involving lots of distress ink, vinatge-y paper and crying over my lost youth reminiscing.

6 comments:

  1. Great Photo ... fun LO.
    Dont be too down hearted about being 30 ... that will make you less than half my age !!!

    At 20 I cried my eyes out as I said goodbye to my teens At 30 I was too busy being a mum to notice. At 40 I hid my birthday because I had just had the best decade of my life and didn't want to leave it. At 50 I grew up and tried to believe I was actually 50 not 25. At 60 I was so happy to have retired and be getting a bus pass. My next mile stone is 70 ..quite a few years to go but I'm dreading it . Enjoy your life

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! Just discovered your blog and it is fab! love all your photos and your LO are simply gorgeous!
    I'm still in my 20's for a few years but people say that it is now in the 30's that live really start as peoplehave more money and time. Is that true? I don't know but might keep your spirit up! lol! What about a mini of "then, now, and what I want to be"? this could record your vews on your past, present and your dreams/ desires for the future?
    will defenetly add your blog to my favs.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, dropped by from Shimelle's :-)

    30's fine, don't worry about 30. I just hit 35 and (unexpectedly) I'm really struggling with it! I think it's because I went from the 25-34 age bracket to 35-44, and that's quite a mental shift. 30 is just late 20s, anyway - so late they've passed on...

    See you in class! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog, had a really good read.
    Photo's and LO's are lovely,

    Its not so bad being 30, i'm 3 years in and still survivng - it's the 40's i'm dreading (lol).

    Have a fun day what ever you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love this LO - very clever! Have found your blog after a dull night shift blog hopping! I am so glad - your witty sense of humour has made my night! xx

    ReplyDelete