19 October 2009

The Very Best of Weekends

Even though today is Monday and no one, not even Bob Geldof likes Mondays I'm still a happy little button, because I had such a nice weekend relaxing at home and recovering from the last few weeks. On Saturday, we stayed home and I scrapped holiday pictures to my heart's content whilst making the (seeming permenant) mess in the dining room quite a lot worse (but in a good way).

I really like how this layout turned out actually, particularly as I wasn't super keen on the ScrapaGoGo kit that a lot of the stuff came from. Shows how much I know, I suppose because it really suits these pictures.


On Sunday, we decided to take advantage of the fact that now October is here, dogs are allowed all over the beach at Exmouth and took Elvie down for stroll and a few throws of a tennis ball. We even managed to enjoy some turkish delight flavoured ice cream, despite the fact it was freezing already and had to follow it up with a few seaside chips just to warm our fingers.

Both evenings, we snuggled up in front of our log burner (not that good at heating, but old, beautiful and locally manufactured) and took in turns to chose films to inflict upon the other. I chose Twilight for Saturday night which was of course, amazing but the downside of which was I had to sit through the Shawshank Redemption last night when I really wanted to watch the Mighty Boosh.

So all in all, exactly what I needed after the frantic time we've been having since we got back from Greece and a welcome break (not a service station) before I head off to London on Saturday.

4 comments:

  1. These are fabby LO's Polly. Sounds like you had a lovely relaxing weekend - I need one of those!
    Are you coming to visit?
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the layouts you do Polly. They are so bright and cheerful and full of lots of things. Your photos are great too.
    Your weekend sounds perfect.

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete