26 October 2009

Time Flies

I love it when the clocks go back, a whole extra hour in bed is like a wonderful super-early Christmas present and always leaves me feeling brighter eyed and bushier tailed for the following week. A feeling which persists despite being patronised by my mobile phone when I tried to change it’s clock manually before I went to sleep, apparently it had the situation completely under control and my interference was entirely unwarranted.

I had a lovely weekend in London, particularly meandering about in the Harrod’s Christmas shop buying tree decorations, resisting the very strong urge to make a frivolous purchase from the Ruby Slippers Boutique (imagine – a whole shoe shop full of red sparkly shoes) and eating my body weight in grilled cheese sandwiches and coke floats from the American style diner.

Still so sad about the loss of my little black and white friend, but the sharp and intense pain of having to make the decision and say goodbye is receding towards the dull ache of adjusting to life without her; and while stopping myself from pouring cat food into a 3rd bowl and catching myself wondering if she’s been given her daily injection brings it rushing back, I suppose it’s one of those things I’ll learn to live with in time *sigh*.

Anyway, that was a bit of bring down so sorry about that. Before I get even more maudlin, perhaps I better finish with the last couple of layouts from my holiday picture scrapping frenzy from last weekend.

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your poor pussy, Polly. It must have been very hard for you to make such a sad decision, even if it was the right one. I'd be lost without our two now.
    Your weekend sounds fab. I remember going round the decorations in Harrods years ago, it was better than a sweet shop and I always remember it when I put the decorations on the tree.
    Your Layouts are simply gorgeous, especially the bottom one, it just shouts summer!!
    Take care

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab LO's Polly! Love the colourful first one and the dreamy second one.

    Tsk Tsk - you didn't give me a shout - would have come for a cheese sarnie with you and double tsk tak - John and Edward - shame on you!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layouts. Such a shame about your cat - that is a fabulous photo in your last post, btw! It's so hard - I always try to think that making that horrible, yet the kindest, decision is the last expression of love you can give them. Hope you are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo..I was in Harrods December last year...sooo festive at that time of year. Lovely layout - I like the alpha chips on PF. I hope you feel better after your loss. TFS.

    ReplyDelete